Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon


Yes, I am aware this is the worst show to ever be put on TV (late night or otherwise) but please let me explain. A band I thoroughly enjoy, Chester French, were performing and the tickets were free so I went with a good friend to a taping of the show.

So you get to 30 Rock and let me tell you about this place. It fucking sucks. It's huge and it's hot and they have this weird no idling policy for people waiting to see tapings. What this means is you can't lean for a second anywhere or a security guard will come up and ask you what you're doing and tell you to keep walking around. Me and my friend (whatup SK!) ended up walking around for about 20 minutes before they finally let us into these weird designated holding areas. This was the worst part of the whole experience. For about an hour we were cooped up with weirdos who asked questions like, "So have you ever seen the show? Because I have I watch it every night, it's the best show ever." I mean, thanks for the heads up that you're officially insane but I'm just gonna continue to fan myself with this free coupon for Top Of The Rock. We finally get into the show and of course in there it's like hte inside of a butcher's freezer. Some douchey warm-up guy comes and is predictably douchey and then the show starts. Let me say this, it's worth the price of admission (free) to go to a taping of this show just for The Roots. Fucking awesome. Still to this day the band or artists I've seen more than anyone and I just added another notch to the belt. The guests were Jeremy O'Connel who's officially delusional and Thomas Lennon from "The State" and "Reno 911. Lennon was kinda funny and he talked about "The State" coming out on DVD which is excellent news. There were a few lame segments that Jimmy Fallon does who is by far the most nervous host of anything ever. Then the band came out and since we were in the special "band bench" section we got to go behind the band and dance and have a good time. Before we went up there they encouraged us to just dance and show enthusiasm. The second thing I have no problem with, when it comes to dancing as reported on this blog close to its' inception I have a problem with. I'm a horrible dancer but somehow the guy in front of me was worse. Incredible. So yeah, the show sucks, I tried to re-watch some of it last night but man it was just terrible. At least if you're there you enjoy it because you know you can't go anywhere.

Official Hard Peaches rating: 6.7/10

No comments: