Friday, November 28, 2008

Album Review: Britney Spears - Circus



First things first: "Circus" is no "Blackout." Got it? Good. That being said this album is decent. It's a combination of some danceable songs and a few ballads. It actually sounds like a combination of her "Blackout" stuff with the Britney Spears of days gone by. The production is solid for the majority of the album (as though we would expect anything less from a Spears' album) but it doesn't have that extra something that propelled "Blackout" into super sleeper awesome status. The title track, "Circus" is good but not great. "Kill the Lights" sounds like it wants to be something special but ends up just being an OK song. My favorite track is definitely, "Lace and Leather." That shit just bumps, unfortunately it's the shortest track on the album. I also kinda fuck with, "Unusual You" not sure why, but I do. I don't know I just expected a whole lot more from this album and I ultimately end up feeling like it let me down. Granted, I haven't tested the album out while inebriated but it definitely is a step back from "Blackout." The irony is that this album will probably end up doing much better commercially than "Blackout" mainly due to the fact that Britney went insane and did no promo for "Blackout" when it was coming out. Ah well.

Official HardPeaches Rating: 5.9/10

No comments: