Thursday, January 29, 2009

Superbowl XLIII/Puppy Bowl V


The Superbowl kicks off this Sunday which I all know we're super jazzed up for. I defy you to find a blog that uses the words Superbowl and jazzed up in the same sentence. That's why I get paid the big bucks. Anyways, this years Superbowl pits the Pittsburgh Steelers (see what I did there?) against the Arizona Cardinals. Let me break this down for you. The Steelers have a ruthless defense with the league's Defensive MVP, a QB who has already won a championship and an excellent headcoach. The Cardinals have perhaps the games' best receiver in Larry Fitzgerald and God on their side (see: Kurt Warner). Tough call. But in my book Great Defense > God. Therefore, I like the Steelers by a score of 27-19. It won't be as close as that score indicates, Arizona will score a bullshit TD late in the game.

For those who aren't avid football fans let me direct your attention to the wonder that is the Puppy Bowl. The Puppy Bowl is amazing. It's basically 12 hours of continuous footage of puppies running around in a little play thing. It's awesome. Also don't forget the Kitty Halftime show. Here are the starting lineups for Puppy Bowl V. There's no real way to win the Puppy Bowl but if there was my money would be on Charlie Brown the 9 week old Doberman Mix. FTW!

No comments: