Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mad Men


A long long time ago a friend of mine told me to watch this show. Unfortunately she chose to tell me about it during a football game and wanted me to eschew the football game and watch Mad Men instead. Not the best way to get me into a new show. Well, I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong. I should have listened back then because this show is off the chizzy. Did I just write that? Sorry. The show is about advertising people who work on Madison Avenue (hence the name) during the early 1960's. Let me break it down. They drink, they smoke, they drink some more, they smoke some more, they womanize then they smoke some more. The show centers around Don Draper. Don Draper is the balls. Dude holds it down. From fending off caniving Pete Campbell to getting it on with hot jewesses, dude has it on lock. I won't give anything away in case you haven't seen it but the new season starts tomorrow (7/27) at 10pm on AMC. Thank me later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, it was me, Will Ritter who got you into this show. Don't you forget it

Will Ritter

and Pete is pretty cool actually. Machievellian little bastard.