Friday, August 8, 2008

Californication


I'm kind of glad it took me so long to start watching this show. It gave me a chance to really appreciate a quality fucking program. David Duchovny plays Hank Moody a self-loathing extremely talented writer who literally fucks anything with tits. Oh and trust me there are plenty of tits in the show (yezzir!). What's especially great about this series is despite massive amounts of gratuitous sex, the story is equally as compelling. Like I said, it revolves around Hank Moody and the people in his life. His ex-partner Karen, their daughter Becca, his agent Charlie, Karen's soon to be husband Bill and his daughter Mia. There was probably a more elegant way to present those characters but fuck it. Hank Moody (right now at least) beats out Don Draper (Mad Men) for greatest main character in any show ever (in depth battle royale to be posted at a later date). I breezed through the first season and luckily a new one is starting this fall. Each episode is only a half an hour which is great for spur of the moment watchings. David Duchovny absolutely kills it and some of the one-liners and little quips are absolutely priceless. Again I give this show my sea-lion of approval. Check it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Non-sequitur - N - A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

Ex I'm kind of glad it took me so long to start watching this show. It gave me a chance to really appreciate a quality fucking program.

Anonymous said...

i agree with this blog. and that picture of hankles is nice.