Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Frugal Gourmet


I had a pretty awesome childhood. I was brought up with good food around all the time. I also got a heavy dose of quality PBS programming. Anyone else remember this guy? He was pretty sweet. The Frugal Gourmet was definitely up there in terms of my favorite cooking shows to watch when I was a kid. Julia Child, Yan Can Cook, and this guy. I was way too young to remember anything he did but he was entertaining and had a certain charm about him. Well, unfortunately he used that charm not only to prepare awesome culinary feats but also to sexually molest and abuse his male kitchen aids. Yeah, Jeff Smith, or the Frugal Gourmet was a total pedophile. That's sad. I guess he was a minister too so someone should have seen it coming (pun intended). Anyways pedophile aside this guy was still pretty cool. Kind of like the Michael Jackson of cooking. RIP Frugmeister.

1 comment:

Dinah Susan said...

Oh my god ... I GREW UP WITH THE FRUGAL GOURMET ... and Yan Can Cook ... and of course the late great Julia Childs.

We have so much life to catch up on ....