Friday, August 29, 2008

Ricky Gervais


Ricky Gervais is a funny dude. He's got a cackling laugh that is also infectious. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you how I knew about him before everyone else in The States (annoying when people from the U.S. say "The States" isn't it?) because I probably didn't. I watched the British Office which was good and I also was a very big "Extras" fan. What has me bringing him up now though is his podcast. I just started listening to it a few days ago and I can safely say I'm hooked forever. The show consists of him, Steve Merchant and their producer Karl. A brief synopsis of the show; I have no idea how to use semi-colons so I'm going to assume that was correct, and now I've gone and fucked it up. Karl is potentially the stupidest man on the planet. It's not an act, it's actually how he's wired. So Ricky and Steve basically rag on him for 30-40 minutes per episode. It is absoutely priceless. Do yourself a mothefucking favor and get every podcast you can find, I give you my 1o0% seal of approval that you will not be dissapointed.

No comments: