Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joe Biden/TXT Message


Yay, it's Joe Biden! Oh wait, I didn't mean yay, I meant who gives a fuck. I'm probably being too harsh. I guess this is a good pick. The thinking being that Biden can help carry Pennsylvania, a key swing-state, since he's from Delaware which is close to Pennsylvania? Whatever. He's also supposed to fulfill the role of attack dog and brings experience (which Obama lacks) to the ticket. I actually kind of liked him in the primary debates too. However, that's really not why I'm bringing this up. More to the point, what kind of stupid shit is the text messaging of Obama's choice for VP? That is the dorkiest thing I've ever heard of. At first I just thought it was stupid but then I really got behind the idea. It's like a douchebag alert, much like a Ron Paul bumper sticker. If someone texted you or called you or let you know otherwise that they got the text letting them know who Obama picked you can immediately rule that person off as a douche. Seriously, you can't wait 12 hours to find out who it is? I love text messaging too. That's not the issue, I just think it's another transparent effort to capitilaze on Obama fever. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I like Obama. I want him to win. However, he's not the messiah, he's a politician. Maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm an asshole, maybe I'm just a hater but for the love of Xenu can we get off our collective knees for a second and just look at the guy with zealotless eyes? I think he's going to be a good to very good president, but annointing politicians as saviors is never the way to go. So yeah I think the text messaging was stupid and I guess it's cool Biden is the VP candidate.

No comments: