Monday, August 4, 2008

Lost


Wait, just wait. Yes, I used to hate this show too. In fact I used to seriously look down at anyone who suggested I watch it. It's popular, it's trendy, people like it, basically all the reasons I wouldn't watch a show. But holy fuck in a church this show is amazing. Let's see, about two weeks ago I downloaded the first season and took her out for a spin. I gotta say I was hooked from the git. It's really just a well crafted extremely engaging program that does what it does and does it well. Long story short I marathoned 4 seasons of this show in two weeks. I have many reluctant friends who feel I've gone to the dark-side when I tell them to watch it. Let me give you a list of shows that I have watched in a marathon style. I'll stake my reputation on each and everyone of these programs:

1. The Wire
2. Arrested Development
3. The Larry Sanders Show
4. Mad Men
5. The Office
6. 30 Rock
7. Dexter
8. Weeds (haven't watched this season and I didn't like last season either)

None of those shows are bad. In fact, they're all pretty good. Give Lost a chance and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

No comments: